Overwhelmed by the Complexity of ? This May Help

Things Which Make GED Different from High School Diploma

Different reasons make different students drop out of school. However, some drop out of school willingly. People who dropped out of school suffer a lot when it comes to job hunting. One is needed to have a high school diploma certificate or a GED certificate for him or her to get a job. Most people do not know what these two are different and they are confused which one is the best. GED and high school diploma are different. GED stands for General Education Development. GED involves tests on general subjects such as mathematical reasoning, language reasoning, social studies, and general science. In high school diploma, one is required to undergo high school studies for four years. For you to know which one is best for you, you need to know the differences between the two. The ways in which GED is different from a high school diploma are discussed below.

The requirements of enrolling for GED are different from the requirements of enrolling for a high school diploma. For you to enroll for GED, you need not be enrolled in any high school or have a high school diploma. The minimum age requirement for GED enrollment is sixteen years. For you to be given a high school diploma certificate, you need to have completed the high school coursework. High school education for adults is offered in specific adult schools. Such programs should be chosen by people who want to get high school diploma certificate, and they are older than twenty-one years old.

Different amounts of time are needed for one to complete GED or high school diploma. A high school diploma certificate is issued after one finishes four years in high school. However, high school diploma certificate can be attained after one finishes high school education within three years. Only several hours are needed for you to finish GED and be given a GED certificate.

When it comes to furthering your studies, GED and high school diploma differ. You can enroll directly to a degree program in the university if you have completed high school diploma. If you are a GED certificate holder and you need to enroll to the university, you need first to go to a community college. You need to get good results in the community college for you to be enrolled in a university.

Employers often choose people with high school diploma over people with GED certificates. Higher education is needed by a GED certificate holder to get a good job. Some of the differences between GED and high school diploma are discussed above.